As the semester slowly comes to an end, Howard University students are starting to spend more time in the I-Lab, and Founders Library. Decision making when it comes to attending parties are no longer an issue anymore because the answer will automatically be a no. That’s right ladies and gentleman, finals week is approaching.
Finals week is known to be the most difficult time of the semester. Although there are some students that don’t worry about finals week, there are MANY that do. “If college didn’t have finals week, I would not be as stressed about college as I am now,” says Howard University student, Saleaha Davis. Procrastination in the last two weeks of school is more than the eniter rest of the semester combined. During finals week, students usally only have two goals: to do well on their exams, and to keep their stress level to a minimum. Instead of cramming an entire semesters work load the week before, here’s a few tips that can help you prepare yourself for finals week.
1. Keep a High Energy Level.
- It is important to have energy necessary for optimizing your studies. You will do better on your exams when you sleep 7-9 hours. Utilizing a good amount of hours in the day to study is smart, so that you can go to bed early enough to wake up and have breakfast. Preparing your brain with breakfast before a test helps.
2. Keep an Organized Calendar.
- In this calendar should be your important test dates/times along with a studying schedule. Leave time to free your mind as well.
3. Exercise and Eat Healthy.
- Exercise and good nutrition cannot only help control your stress levels, but it can also help maintain your emotions stable. Exercise helps keep your blood pressure low and it can help raise your energy level so you can continue to study more effectively.
- It’s good that you worry about your finals, but don’t let stress and anxiety take over you. Complete all your work and try and finish it all up early. The better you distribute your tasks during the week before final exams, the better you will understand the material.
Perhaps the most important thing to remember during finals week is, of course to take care of your precious brain. Prepare for this dreadful week almost every college student hates, and don’t let these finals get the best of you. Good luck !!